When you live in a beautiful city like Melbourne your option for locations are endless.
Some brides chose their own home, some the traditional location of their parents house and others a lovely Airbnb or Hotel Suite.
There’s lots of pros and cons to consider when choosing your perfect location, so I’ve compiled a list, some food for thought if you’re really unsure of the best location.
Your own home
- There’s nothing like the comfort of your own bed and that familiar place you call home. Everything you need is here. If you’re a nervous person then having your creature comforts surrounding you might help calm those nerves.
- Think about your décor, garden and general appearance indoors and out. Will your home be a good location for any bridal party photos?
- If you’re looking for a fun night, and having all your bridesmaids together the night before, will there be enough room for sleeping, and general getting ready space?
- Some people love traditions and getting ready at your parents home, which may still be your childhood home is the perfect idea of a wedding morning. Again, another familiar place.
- A bit like your own home, think about the décor and whether there’s plenty of photo opportunities. Are your parent’s hoarders? Is the furniture looking like you’ve stepped into a 70’s nightmare?
- Unfortunately for some they may not get along with their parents like happy families. If you think your mum or dad are going to put any undue stress into the morning, or you’ll feel uncomfortable in their home then maybe rethink this location.
- Lots of parents love to take care of their kids, and will always make sure everyone is well fed and hydrated on the day. One less thing to think about…you may also score breakfast in bed.
Airbnb or Hotel Suite
- There’s so many beautiful locations in Melbourne that we truly are spoilt for choice. Opting for this type of accommodation means you can select a spacious modern location and you’ll have beautiful pre-wedding shots.
- If choosing a hotel, make sure the room is big enough to house everyone – bridal party, hair & makeup team and photographer. Those amazing internet pictures can be deceiving and rooms are generally a lot smaller in real life.
- Just remember, you’ll need a thorough checklist of what to take with you and a big list of “just in case items”. You don’t want to be in a mad panic as you’ve forgotten something important.
- Select a location within 15mins travel to your ceremony. The closer you are, the bigger the sleep in and less rushing you have. And no fear of being caught in busy Melbourne traffic!
- Consider the lighting, some secluded BnB’s and hotel rooms are designed for romance, and unfortunately can be quite dark and not ideal for hair, makeup or photography.
Any don’t forget wherever you decide to get ready just consider how far away it is from your ceremony? If its 45mins or more, that’s just extra time in your “getting ready schedule” and potentially sitting in crazy Melbourne traffic.
No one wants to see the Groom sweating…
Image | Clarte Photography
Makeup | Ava Jane Makeup Artistry